Friday, June 14, 2013

May Highlights!

May was filled with lots of fun moments!

The boys and I did one of our favorite walks near the Watershed. They love that stuff! We took another walk to the Princeton Meadows with Hillary and acted out multiple renditions of the 3 Billy Goats Gruff on the bridges along the way.


Beau loves shoes, and he especially now loves flip flops. In fact, he can wear them much more easily than Lewis can! He loves putting on Daddy's big flip flops, and I love seeing his little feet in them!


We also had the pleasure this month of having Kyler and Melyn visit with their babies, Emmett and Alia. We LOVED seeing them! It was a quick visit - a stop over on their way up to Boston. But, we stayed up late chatting, played with the babies in the morning, had breakfast, played with the bubbles they brought for the boys, and generally loved catching up. Lewis and Beau were quite enamored with the babies - Beau especially. He helped to change diapers, rub on lotion, and he sang a few songs to baby Emmett. So sweet! 

One of our highlights of May is always...Pennington Day!!! It's a big street fair for our cute little town. I ran the 5K on my own this year. The boys and Daddy cheered me on at the start and then scooted off to soccer practice. The end of the race went right by the soccer fields, so Daddy and Beau were waiting to cheer me on as I ran by. (I ran the race with a friend, Katie, who also happens to be our pediatrician. We did nor coordinate clothes on purpose, but you know how I love that!)



After the race, I found Mike and the boys who were already delving into the activities of Pennington Day!




Daddy got to finish Pennington Day out on his own as I had to scoot off to choir dress rehearsal. Grrr for missing any of the festivities...but I do love choir! It was a busy day, because after that I scooted home to print off my talk for the adult session of stake conference. It was a really lovely meeting. That said, Mike and I were definitely ready to drop by the end of the night!

My concert was the following afternoon, and it went quite well! We had thought about bringing Lewis to this one, but after explaining what would happen to Lewis, he decided he wasn't sure if he could sit quietly for that long. (Can't blame him...especially on a Sunday afternoon!) Plus, Beau was getting to play at our friend's house during the concert, and I've a feeling Lewis wanted to join them. 

Here are a couple shots of Beau swinging with baby Maggie and Caroline at Kunkel Park and Lewis posing for me on our front steps!




This was big...new sunglasses for Beau!!! He was missing his old ones so much, I had to take the plunge and buy new ones. He had started asking for them every day, and he'd mention them to just about anyone we met!

The boys and I had a fun outing to the Philly Zoo one morning. They especially loved brushing and feeding the goats and sheep in the little children's area.




And, our farm is open again!!! The first time I took Beau to pick strawberries, I felt like all was right in the world! We may have lettuce coming out of our ears, but we are happy campers!


Finally, Lewis had a big accomplishment that we are very, very proud of - he finished memorizing all 13 Articles of Faith!!! What a smart little boy! He learned them all by song, and was very diligent at working our way through them. He received this certificate and got to pick out a prize from the primary prize box. He chose a big box of air head candies. Very exciting!


No comments: