First of all, as I write, I am about 2 years behind on keeping up with the blog.
On top of that, about three months ago or so, I lost all the photos on my phone.
It was quite heartbreaking to lose those.
Most especially because it means that we will be missing some significant moments and memories for David's babyhood. I know there were pictures and videos of his first steps as he began to walk. Lots of cute little moments.
Once the sorrow of that passed, I did feel very grateful that there are some photos and videos on the "unedited" blog. I'll also try to collect what I can from things I may have texted to family, plus photos on Mike's phone.
However, what remains is that, besides vacations and a few big outings, I stopped using the proper camera very much and transitioned to mostly using my phone.
Sadly, those are gone.
But, we still have a lot of cherished memories on our proper camera from vacations and such. And, I'll write to fill in whatever gaps I can gather from my calendar about what we did!
................................................................................................................................................................
We only had 3 weeks between returning from Cape Town and our big trip to New Zealand!
That means our January was mostly filled with travel planning, unpacking, repacking, and attempting to get a bit of school in! I didn't start up a music class until after New Zealand, so I had a bit of a break there.
A couple fun things we lost pictures of:
- Lewis had a great birthday party at a tree course and zipline place up by Bedok Reservoir. It was such a pretty setting, and a really fun time.
- While he and I went to that, Mike took the younger boys to Palawan beach for a ward beach party.
- That evening, Mike and I went out and had this really fun evening going to dinner and then catching the end of a Lion Dance competition near Chinatown. We LOVED taking in all the Chinese New Year markets and festivities. This year, we were in Sydney for Chinese New Year itself, but the lead up is most of the fun!
- I also took the boys to see the Thaipussam procession this year. We weren't sure how they would respond to it, because it can be a bit greusome and difficult to watch. They found it really interesting though, and I think it had a strong impact.
- Lewis and Beau started some new activities at school. Lewis participated in the "Singing Voices" choir, which he liked, but the teacher was too strict. Beau did a gymnastics activity at the same time. And then Lewis joined a Lego club, which he quite liked!
No comments:
Post a Comment