Monday, March 2, 2015

Dec '14 - More Pre-Christmas Cheer

A little out of order...

Here are just a couple captures from the week or two before Christmas.

Beau managed to get himself inside a box that he found by the side of the fly over stairs. Funny boy! 

 This is just for memories' sake. I'm not into glorifying being busy. We were quite busy, and happily so. Many fun things! I caught a couple Christmas concerts the week prior to this on my own Very special!

We had our church Christmas party. The funny thing at that one...I had been asked to do a musical number, and I said we'd do something as a family. (I had just been the performer for 3 different numbers for a women's relief society event, and a couple more for church. So, I thought family would be more fun!) Lewis came up with a medley of Still, Still, Still and Away in a Manger, so that's what we went with. We had it all practiced. Literally 3 hours before the event while we were up at the zoo, I checked my email and saw a note asking our family to perform 3-4 numbers at the event. Apparently we were the whole entertainment! Mike and I were somehow tickled by this last minute request, so we put together a skit with 5-6 completely ridiculous Christmas songs...just a few bars of each...and ended it with a rousing chorus of "Let It Go"! We thought we were rather funny! :-)

We went to one family Christmas night - a French Christmas evening. Very fun! Mike and I also attended two other Christmas parties with only little David in tow. This expat community...it's quite the social scene!

The calendar also gives a nod to cookie baking. We were a complete baking factory over here for a few weeks. Lots of sugar, molasses, and almond cookies this year. We were a bit baked out by the end, but it's always fun and special to be able to do deliveries!



I also did my stocking stuffer shopping partially in Chinatown this year. It was so much fun for me to wander around and pick up cheap Chinese trinkets for the stockings. How perfect is that! There are a lot of things I really love about living right in a city. Being able to just pop into Chinatown for Christmas shopping felt really fun and novel to me!


A little too much brotherly love! The boys thought this was so funny!

No comments: