We managed to book the flights to go via Shanghai on the way home.
The main reason was to visit the Furners, who had moved there a year prior. However, it also gave Mike the chance to finally visit the China office before leaving Asia.
We loved Shanghai. And, we really loved seeing the Furners.
It was a great stop over before heading back to Utah and then NJ.
The trip is a bit of a blur now.
Sarah style, it was jam packed and so well thought through.
We enjoyed simple things like walks in their neighborhood and rides on their tuk tuk.
We spend a gorgeous day out visiting a water town. That was my favorite. Boating through the canals, seeing the gorgeous alleys and architecture, eating amazing meals, tasting fried scorpion, doing a fish spa, and browsing in boutiques.
We visited the Bund and went to the Furner's favorite restaurant there.
Sarah took the kids back to the house while Mike and I explored some temples, ate dumplings, and went up what we thought was the second tallest building in the world. Only afterwards did we realize that we had gone up the wrong building and only visited the 5th or 10th tallest building in the world. Drat!!!
Mike and I went out one night with Sarah and Mateo and some friends of theirs to a great dinner and walk around one of the neighborhoods.
And, Sarah and I snuck in an afternoon browsing markets and neighborhoods while Mike played with the kids.
It was great.
I remember feeling very tired, but also very happy.
I think that, sadly, some of the pictures from that trip were lost when my phone got wiped out. But here are some highlights we still had!
Wednesday, January 29, 2020
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment