Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Vegas, Hoohah, St. Patty's Day, Pi Day, and Cooking Fun

We seem to have missed some key pictures this month.
But, it was a packed month of people we love and treasure!

The second weekend in March, Mike and I headed out to Vegas to spend a few days with Cat. We had originally planned to be there just after her surgery. That ended up needing be postponed, which meant we had such a wonderful time being able to really catch up and spend so much good time together when she was feeling just a bit better in between chemo and surgery. We were so grateful to be there. We took Alex on lots of walks. We cooked up a storm and left Cat and Tam with a bunch of freezer meals and some mango-key lime pie. We ran a few errands as well, but mostly just had time to talk with Cat during the day and be with both she and Tam in the evening. We absolutely loved it!!!

The boys had fun with Alex and Zach, our friends who were hired as the official babysitters for the long weekend.

The following weekend was Pi Day - a big Princeton celebration!
We dressed the boys up like nerds and joined in the festivities. We caught a kids' violin concert and rode with Albert Einstein on the dinky. This made quite the impression on the boys, who called out, "Look! There's the train where we saw Albert Einstein!" every time we passed by for the next few months.



The kids and I also had fun this month celebrating St. Patty's Day! Green all round...
Green french toast for breakfast...


Green bagles, grapes, and applesauce for lunch with our friends Gabriel and Caleb Conti-Brown...



And green cauliflower, green beans and pesto-tilapia with dinner.



It may have all been a bit much. Let's just say our toilets were green that night!!! ;-)

The next weekend, I got to head down to DC for the HOOHAH!!!
It was a wonderful hoohah this year. We partied at Caitlin's house in MD.
I actually snuck in a visit to my dear Debby the evening before, down in Alexandria. It was so amazing to catch up with her - just love her!
The next morning, I drove up and met Caitlin at the temple. That was lovely to visit the temple together; it's been a long time since that has happened! Then she took me to the most amazing schwarma/ falafal place for lunch. Amaze!!!

We met the rest of the girls back at her place as everyone arrived. So lovely to catch up with everyone! We had Ethiopian for dinner, and a more than adequate supply of york peppermint patties back at home.

The next day we wandered around downtown DC, visiting the WWII memorial and the newish MLK memorial, which none of us had seen before. It was spectacular. We did a little wandering around the tidal basin and then headed to the American History Museum. Afterwards we grabbed Shake Shack burgers in Dupont and then headed home. Lovely!
Crepes the next morning, as per usual. Love the hoohah!



Then I met Louise back at the amazing schwarma/falafal place for a quick catch up before heading home to see my Michael and the boys. What a great weekend!

Michael was such a sweetheart. He took a half day on Friday while I was gone and took the boys to their first day of "Farm Camp" - the farm life camp at Howell Living History Farm. Apparently the boys had fun learning how to feed all the animals and exploring the farm while Mike and the other parents worked to "pay" for the kids' time at the camp. I was glad he got to go!


He also sent me this picture on Saturday morning at the Hoohah. I was thrilled to know that I was coming home to clean toilets and boys who loved being helpers and working with their Daddy.



And, we also had some fun this month cooking with our new aprons, chef hats, and recipe book from Gogo and Baba! These cute boys were so into it! :-)



The other note from the month was that this was a morning sickness month. Blah!
But, I have decided that the Lord gifts to me somewhat of a reprieve from morning sickness when I am away for the weekend in the 1st trimester. Maybe it's the extra adrenaline of traveling and being with friends and fam that counteracts the pregnancy hormones. Whatever it is...I'm very grateful!

No comments: