Monday, January 23, 2017

September 2015 - Beginning of School and Regular Happy Antics

The school year was off to a good start!
Beau was so precious and so brave, because it was really, really hard for him at first. He was so anxious and so unsure about things. But, his teacher worked with us to understand him, and then once she understood him and the situation, his anxiety, and his good heart for what it is, she really gave him a lot of positive reinforcement and he warmed right up. After a couple weeks, he was a happy camper in her class! And Lewis, well, he did quite well. He was a bit nervous, but eager as well from the beginning. As it turned out, the months that followed would solidify for us that he had an absolutely rubbish teacher who was incredibly passive and created a terrible culture in the classroom. Lewis ended up needing to do lots of hard things across the school year, because this was a tough one for him. But, he made it!

The other big change for us for September was that we sent Fina off on holiday to the Philipies for about 3 weeks. We were so happy to be able to do this for her, especially just before we ended her employment and sent her off to another family. Who knows if she would have been able to be part of this special family reunion of hers if she has been with another family. But, we were very happy to provide that for her. She had a wonderful time.

While she was away, I tried my hand at life in Singapore and life with 3 on my own! And, I loved it! It was quite tiring, especially at first. I felt like I had to have things organized to the Nth degree to survive. But, I really enjoyed it, and knew that while I'd miss her babysitting and cooking, it was absolutely the right thing for me and for our family to go back to it being just us.

That said, once she was back for the end of September, Mike and I did sneak out just about every night we could! A few dinners out, a few evenings with friends. Some walks. That was the part we definitely missed the most!!! Although, we did have a great set of babysitters lined up for when Fina was gone!

Here is our Beau, who is always happy when he's trying on clothes or costumes - Daddy's shirt and David's jumper.


I love reading to my boys!
Our perfect egg chef!



Lewis is endlessly creative! Here he set up a book shop outside our condo and tried to sell books to people passing by!


 All smiles and double chins for Daddy!


I love pictures of this one's bright blue eyes while he's digging into a piece of fruit!






Brotherly love!


The boys' school pictures from White Lodge came!




Family dance party!





 Cute munchkin!





More dancing!







Sillies at bath time







No comments: