Thursday, November 19, 2015

Borneo with Fogo and Lekka - June '15

We took a jaunt for a long weekend to Borneo near Kuching. We stayed at a rainforest lodge and loved our time hiking in and exploring the jungle!

After settling into our cabin, we headed down to the smaller, more jungly beach. We loved that!



Then for a dip in the jungle pool complete with natural fish spa! It's not meant to be a fish spa, but those fish sure did love nibbling on Lekka and Mike's toes!



Sunset dinner on the porch at the restaurant!





In the morning, we headed off for a really fun hike!

Lewis loves to be our fearless leader with his map!



Have to get a shot of everyone crossing the rope bridge...especially me with David! 


I love my nursing in great places shots!


The trees everywhere were beautiful. It was such rich, jungle vegetation!



This was the most amazing meal!!! To die for! Malaysian Ramadan cuisine!



Lewis, Daddy, Fogo, and Lekka went on a night hike where they got to see some of the insects and night creatures at work. Lewis LOVED it!








We took a boat trip to Bako National Park to see the probiscus monkeys and do some more hiking. Gorgeous! And, the monekys are amazing!








Beau and I doing our spidey moves on the hike!

Lewis verifying his map!

Lekking jumping Beau down the hill




Their design in the sand at the beach where we ate lunch
 Is there really anything cuter than a baby in a life jacket?!?


Asleep...of course!!! :-)
For their wedding present, we gave Fo and Lekka an additional night after we left in a treehouse! 
It makes such a difference now that I have even slightly oder ones along with the baby. I left David munching on a cracker with Lewis while I went to the bathroom on the plane. It's the little things!

No comments: