I just had to share a little picture from a fun clean up job!
Here was my morning yesterday:
Lewis woke up at 6am and ate. Then, Mommy gave him a bath, and he settled back down for a morning nap around 7am. I managed to get dressed, tidy up, read my scriptures, read the newspaper, catch up on e-mail, make a batch of brownies, and make a strawberry compote all before Lewis woke up around 9am. Not bad! (Sometimes if I'm really tired, I'm lucky to do one of those things during a nap!)
Lewis ate again, and then I put him down on his play mat while I finished up something in the kitchen. I came back to see this...
So much for the bath!!! It was such a gross clean up effort. That shirt is pretty tight on our chunky little guy, so the poop got all over his back and arm when I was trying to get him undressed. Ah well!!!
While we're on the subject of funny clean ups, here's another one that wasn't nearly so gross!
Last week I went out for a run in the early afternoon. It was bright and sunny when I left, but I quickly turned back when rain started sputtering. About a half hour later, it was gorgeous again, so I headed off, only to be greeted by thunder clouds. I thought I'd just see if I could beat it. I got about 2/3 of the way through my run, and then the rain started. It wasn't too bad at first, but a few minutes before I got home, it turned into a torrential downpour! Lewis was asleep for most of it, but I heard him wake up just as I turned onto our street. I raced up to the house, pushed the stroller up onto the porch, and pulled back the visor on the stroller to see how my baby was doing. The picture shows it all - soaked!!! Shame! Poor baby! He gave me a big, big smile, although he seemed a little confused as to what was happening. It was priceless!!!
And finally, here's a little video from our very happy, Happy Mother's Day picnic by the river at Washington Crossing Park. It was a gorgeous day! We loved talking to our moms. Mike spoiled me with lots of help with Lewis, yummy food, and flowers. And, our picnic was delightful!
1 comment:
What a great Mother's Day video. :) And I feel for you with the messiness. I discovered (from a friend) that if you soak soiled baby clothes in water with a little Oxiclean EVERYTHING will come out. It is wonderful!
Good luck with the messes. :)
Post a Comment