Monday, February 9, 2009

Life has a new pace - Weeks 4-7



Hello everyone!
We want to fill you in on what we have been up to with Lewis over these last few weeks!

Mike has been really busy at work, since he's been transitioning to a new position. The sad news is that he's no longer working on marketing o.b. tampons. Conversations about his work will not be nearly as interesting anymore! He's now working on neosporin, and he's very excited about the position. He's over new product development, so talk to him about all your ideas for wound care - he'll have lots to say!


Norah's been really busy doing...well...I think there have been a lot of poopy diapers, and I've definitely been feeding a whole bunch, and I think I've slept some, and I've gone for some walks, and occasionally run a few errands...you get the picture! :-) Mike has declared that Norah is officially obsessed with little Lewis. It's true! What does that mean? I'm loving motherhood so far! I can't get enough of this cute little kid, and I'm so happy to have this time to be with him.






We were so happy to have Didi and Papa John (Mike's parents) out for Lewis's baby blessing, which was on January 18th. Mike gave him a name and blessing at our church services, and it was very special. Didi was able to stay out here for two weeks to hang out with Lewis and with her granddaughters. She had us out on the town with lots of meals out and fun family time.


Lewis is a growing boy! We actually cannot believe the difference between how he looked when we first brought him home and now. At his 1 month doctor's visit, he weighed 10 lbs, 3 oz. (He was born at 7 lbs, 5 oz.) We won't have another official weigh in until 2 months, but from our little scale at home, we're guessing that he's about 13ish lbs!!! Look at the difference between this picture of his feet and the one from his first week! That skinny little boy we brought home has now turned into a chunky monkey, and his arms, legs, and little double chin show it! Here's a video of the little monkey waking up to show you!







Now compare that with this video from when he first came home! He was so tiny compared to now! (This is after many attempts to wake him up to eat. He was such a sleepy head during those first few days!)


Another important thing of note is that Lewis had his first smile!!! He first smiled on Friday, January 23rd when he was exactly 5 weeks old! The whole family just melted. His Didi was holding him at the time, and Mommy walked up. He looked right at her and just broke out into a smile. Then he gave a few more smiles and then put them away. We're having trouble catching a smile on camera, cause they're still somewhat few and far between. But normally after a good meal, he'll smile for us.


The best smile yet was one night when Norah was nursing him at about 3am. He finished eating and just lay there for a minute. Then his whole face broke out into such a big smile! He just kept smiling for a good, long time! Mommy was ready to melt! Just then, she moved her hand down his back, and there it was - poop everywhere!!! A major blowout! Hey, what's not to smile about then!

Baba was back to visit this last weekend on his way up to meetings in Boston. He couldn't believe how much bigger Lewis was!

Here are a couple shots of how this kiddo sleeps!





















And a little video of bath time - always a favorite!

Love and hugs to everyone! And, some drooly, slobbery kisses from Lewis!

4 comments:

Katie said...

loved your post! We come from a long line of bath lovers too. In fact, that's all I really like!

Lizzie likes watching the videos of Lewis over and over again. Hopefully we will be able to drop off the Valentine for Lewis soon!

Jake and Emily Hutchings Family said...

lewis look so much like you! i love the monkey hat and outfit.

The Rocks said...

He is adorable! It's amazing how quickly they grow up at this stage! We're so glad that you guys are enjoying parenthood. It's such a wonderful adventure!

Patty Sampson said...

Wow, Lewis has really filled out! I love those cheeks! Aren't babies SO fun!? Seeing their little personalities develop is such a joy.

When I heard Mike is working with Neosporin I wanted to add a suggestion. I too have a new baby, and all the hand washing has given me really cracked hands. If they could combine some kind of germ fighter and liquid bandaid to seal up cracks but still allow you to wash your hands when needed- that would rock!

I am so glad you guys are doing so well. :)